Disclaimer

Being a cricket and Rahul Dravid fanatic, this blog will have a heavy dosage of posts on the same :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Exam fever!

Wow! I have an exam in less than next 6 hours and I'm blogging! Needless to say, this time, I'm so so so NOT prepared to give exams!

Somebody please kill me for the up-coming week and thrown me back post that! Or don't.

Sigh! More than one reasons for not studying. Can't detail all but definitely quite pissed with one major factor: NOTES!!! Or rather, our AWESOME professors! Hmph!!!

The four subjects this semester are Advanced Reporting, Advanced Editing, Advertising & PR and Media Industry & Management. Easy, Oh yes! But then, a reminder! My course is theoretical. VERY THEORETICAL. And to pass such a papers (or such 4 papers!) you need NOTES! This is the present scenario.

Advanced Reporting: Thank you for not giving us ANY class notes! Or rather, NO notes at all. One photocopy, thats it!
Thank you Google-ji! And you also, Wikipedia-ji. You guys are a savior! I shall now onwards idolize Larry Page and Sergey Brin for this masterpiece! See, I'm a Google-Gen-Kid, I had to Google this as well! Sigh!

Advanced Editing: First ten classes = half the notes. But then, they make absolutely no sense at all. General information, all of it. What is news? Editorial, article, lead and stuff. We can faff better. Anyday! Seriously! I mean that's all we do in papers. Give us more so that we can faff around that. However, the situation is better that Advanced Reporting. I'm glad. Thank you!

Advertising & PR was taught by two different teachers. Hence
Advertising: Write, write some more, and write a bit more. Thats all what we have done in advertising classes, half of which I did not even attend. And when you open the notes, Whoa! they again don't make sense! The syllabus and the notes don't sync. It's all general stuff. So much so that we get bored and star repelling our notebooks. Needless to mention, same teacher as Editing. However, the situation is better than PR. Needless to say same teacher as Reporting.

PR: Huh! Never mind! [Read, Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V Advanced Reporting]
But wait, we have some photostats. Although they don't make any sense till the penultimate page of each copy! Ahaan, well, thats a separate issue, isn't it. We HAVE photocopies at the end of the day. Humongous pile, how can you forget that Vidhu? Remember, thats where you've spent half your pocket money this semester!!!


Media Industry & Management:
A. Sir! Our very humble and down-to-earth A. Sir! Our polite A. Sir. Sir is so sweet and so down-to earth man, I tell you! He treats us like his own kids. He treats each one of us like his own grandchildren. and he's very fair and honest with his marking too! He has no favorite student. He marks everybody on her performance, no favoritism at all. For example: Once I missed my internal exam of his subject because I wasn't keeping well because of a damn headache. He didn't give me any grace marks even though I topped university. Instead he asked me to sit for a re-test. However, later he had to cancel the re-test because of his tight schedule. He then gave me passing marks on the basis of my class attendance record so that I don't flunk. This clearly shows how fair minded A. Sir is as a person. This also reflects how caring sir is as he did not let a 'bright' student fail.

Did someone mention MIM notes? Well, this is how he makes us write notes. Yes, the same way for our university exams. At least somewhere I have notes. And I'm preparing to write stories in a similar fashion. Let me concentrate.

Don't you have an exam? Concentrate on your own!

So, where were I?

No comments: