Disclaimer

Being a cricket and Rahul Dravid fanatic, this blog will have a heavy dosage of posts on the same :)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shit happens

Not certainly in the best of moods as I write this, a day later and it still feels terrible. Probably I now understand what a ‘mixed bag ‘of emotions actually is! Probably now I understand life’s patented rule, ‘Shit happens’.

Less than three days ago, I was impatiently waiting for Feb 23rd. The reason being, well I guess, you might have already figured out a certain Rahul Dravid connection by now.

Well yes, Dravid, making a comeback to the shorter version of the game, was leading Karnataka in the Vijay Hazare Trophy QF today. He was back into ODI module after a gap two years (baring the 5 odd matches that he played a couple of months ago) and so were I! Wasn’t that enough a reason to get impatient and follow the age old superstitions? Happy, obviously.

However, the day was a mixed bag. Or rather, not the one I was looking forward to!
Well for those of you again looking for a Dravid connection, he did not disappoint with the bat and led Karnataka into the semis pretty comfortably.

I started this day with a flashback and not really a happy one. So, we shall not really talk about it any more. Raat gayi baat gayi, chuck it!

Slept at about four in the morning to get up all set to cheer for Karnataka and Dravid once again. Trying to cheer up you see. Happy mood.

But the day had a lot more to offer. Left for college early in the morning to reach on time for 9 a.m. class. College till 4 p.m. everyday means it takes us, at least me, two periods to settle down and mentally prepare myself for this long a day dedicated to studies, err, theoretical studies.

Mishika got a text and wasn’t too happy about the Virgin Tree being cut right opposite college, Lakshaya being too attached to the tree. She wanted permission to go out and protest which Jyoti ma’am refused. Not caring much about it, Anda, Eww, Chunnu, Apeksha and Ishani left with Mishika the very next moment. Tensed. I wanted to leave but I stayed back, I’m a fool you see!

Mish then called up five minutes later to inform that its not one tree but at least 15 being cut today on the Siri Fort road and she needed support. I just managed to get the class canceled this time around and we joined her. Bad mood.

Two hours of standing there, protesting, following the people, chasing the higher officers getting in touch with knowledgeable and influential people, cops, court orders, UTIPEC orders and stuff, we still were not sure if we’ll manage to save the trees and the pedestrian space. Bad mood, again. Speculations. Tensed. Planning to get illogical yet logical if they have all the papers and permissions in place.

However, we did manage to get a one day stay order since they did not have the UTTIPEC permission to widen roads for which they need to cut trees. Happy again!

All this done, we had to think beyond the 24 hr hold and devise a plan of action. We were happy and all geared up and preparing for a protest. Too happy, notice.

One experience it was and I wanted to share this. Picked up the phone, dialed the no. I dial the most in any year and got the worst news possible. THE WORST mood ever! It took me more than half an hour to accept it.

Too disappointed, numb and halfheartedly I congratulated everyone for the little success we had managed while protesting and got, rather tired to get involved in the further discussions on the plan of action. My mind was certainly not there anymore.

I wanted to cry. I did, I think. I wanted to ask everyone to shut-up. I wanted to someone to slap me and say how could you even think of it? I wanted to leave college ASAP, damn the protest and everything! Much more than that, I wanted a Ctrl+Alt+Delete option.

No comments: